Protecting your private life
Protecting your private life
In order to manage and carry out its activities and mission, Chiots Nordiques must collect and process certain personal information about you.
Generally speaking, “personal information” is information that identifies an individual. Examples include your name, e-mail address or date of birth.
“Personal information” does not generally include business contact information, such as your title, business address or telephone number.
- When a person uses his or her personal contact information at home as contact information at work, Chiots Nordiques considers that this data does not constitute personal information.
Concerned about protecting your privacy, Chiots Nordiques is committed to:
- Manage the use of personal information collected from its members, partners and donors, following the standards set out in the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and protecting personal information, RLRQ, c. A-2.1 (Access Act);
- Collect only the personal information required to carry out its mission and activities;
- Use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual concerned;
- Be available to answer any questions or concerns about the personal information Chiots Nordiques collects.
What personal information do we collect?
In all cases, Chiots Nordiques strives to limit the personal information it collects to those that are strictly necessary for its activities.
This information may include, as the case may be, your contact information, your e-mail and mailing addresses, your telephone numbers, or other information or data of a personal nature or even, in some instances, your comments, suggestions, opinions and preferences.
At the time of collection, Chiots Nordiques will inform you of the purposes for which it needs to collect certain personal information.
How do we protect the personal information we collect?
Chiots Nordiques is committed to applying adequate and appropriate security measures to ensure the protection of the personal information it holds, through the implementation of protection mechanisms including, among others:
- Physical measures
- Locked filing cabinets, …
- Technological measures
- Passwords, encryption, …
All persons authorized to access personal information are required to respect its confidentiality.
Who has access to the personal information collected?
Personal information collected by Chiots Nordiques is accessible and disclosed only to those individuals who need it to perform their functions, and only for the purposes for which it was collected.
How long is the personal information collected kept?
Chiots Nordiques retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. After that time, personal information is securely destroyed or made anonymous.
How can you access your personal information?
Chiots Nordiques ensures that the personal information in its possession is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Access Act, you may access the personal information you have provided, request that it be updated, as well as request that it be modified or deleted, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
When you make a donation, Chiots Nordiques collects personal information on its “Make a Donation” web pages and when a donation is made by mail.
Chiots Nordiques collects this information for:
- Keeping track of donations;
- Acknowledgement, transmission of tax receipts
- Communicating with donors
- Soliciting their support;
- Invitations to special events;
- Information about updates or items of interest on the Chiots Nordiques’ website.
Chiots Nordiques generally communicates with its donors by creating mailing lists.
- If you do not wish your personal information to appear on Chiots Nordiques’ mailing lists, please inform Chiots Nordiques by e-mail at [email protected]
- Any email sent by Chiots Nordiques offers the possibility to remove its name from electronic mailing lists.
The Chiots Nordiques’ site contains links to other websites; Chiots Nordiques is not responsible for these sites or the protection they provide to your personal information.
If you would like to know more about how Chiots Nordiques protects your personal information or would like to exercise your rights, please contact Daphnée Veilleux-Lemieux, our Privacy Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Numéro : 744056094 RR 0001